Free Bets & Sign Up Bonus Offers for Online Betting
At freebetting365.com you will find the best free bets and welcome bonus offers from trusted and licensed bookmakers from UK & Europe. Sign up bonus offers are updated daily, so we always have the latest free bets & news from the world of online sports betting. Read our betting guide below to better understand all about free bets and welcome offers. Each bookmaker review has nice & simple instructions on how to get a bonus, so see a list of all bookies and choose the best deal for you.
The best betting bonus offer in 2022
If you are looking for the best of the best, your search is over, it is the one and only, the WilliamHill, world’s favorite online sports betting brand.
New customers using promo code H30 only. Minimum £10/€10 stake. Minimum odds 1/2. Free bets paid as 2x £15/€15. Free bets credited after settlement of first qualifying bet. Free bets will expire 30 days after the qualifying bet is placed. Payment method/player/country restrictions apply. See full terms. 18+. #ad.
Free bet offer of the month – May
Every month we recommend the bookmaker that is currently the most searched and visited by players from the UK, so get to know HighBet, by claiming their “bet £15 get £10” sports welcome bonus.
New customers only. Maximum one £10 free bet. Qualifying bets must be placed at odds of 1/1 (2.00) or greater. Paid as bonus token with minimum 4/5 (1.80) odds required. Skrill, Neteller & Paypal, not eligible. T&CS apply. 18+. #ad.
New sports free bet offers for UK players
The most popular free bets for UK players
Fantastic new welcome bonus package of £60
Open an account, deposit and bet £10 to get £50 bonus for free betting and £10 in 50 free spins.
New UK customers only. Register using the promo code BETFRED60, deposit and place first bet of £10+ on sports (cumulative Evens+) within 7 days of registration. First bet must be on sports. £20 in free bets to be used on sports, £10 in free bets to be used on Lotto and 50 free spins (20p per spin) credited within 48 hours of bet settlement. Further £20 in free bets credited 5 days after settlement. Bonuses have a 7-day expiry. Payment restrictions apply. SMS verification and/or Proof of ID and address may be required. Full T&Cs apply. 18+. #ad.
New free bet of £60 with promo code PREM60
Register with bonus code PREM60 and place first £10 bet to get £60 in free bets for sports betting.
A minimum deposit of £/€10 with promo code is required. You must bet a minimum of £/€10 at odds of 1/1 (2.00) or greater on a sports market. £/€10 free bets will be credited on bet settlement & then a £/€10 free bet every weekend (up to 5 times) and will be valid for 7 days. Deposit balance is available for withdrawal at any time. General withdrawal restrictions & full T&Cs apply. 18+. #ad.
Top offer of £30 in free bets upon £5 deposit
Sign-up, place your first sports bet of £5 and get £30 in free bet tokens, available to UK customers.
18+ New customers only. Opt in, bet £5 at odds 2.00+ within 7 days of registering, no cashout. Get 2x £10 free bets, set events at odds 2.00+. Plus a £10 slot bonus, selected games, wager 20x to withdraw maximum £250. 7 day bonus expiry. Card payments only. T&Cs apply. begambleaware.org. #ad.
Full list of all Free Bets & Welcome Bonuses
Free Bet Guide – How to find the best free bets at online bookmakers
First impressions are everything in the world of online sports betting. And bookies are well aware that they only have one chance to win you over. To make it count, they are willing to offer you a free bet as a welcome bonus. We’ve always liked these sorts of gifts, as they’re a good way to get to know the site and how it actually works. Okay, that was kind of obvious, but still, free bets are something you could definitely use, regardless of your skill level.
This claim “triggers” a plethora of other questions, such as: What is the best free bet? Do I really need a free bet? What should I look for when searching for a free bet bonus?
These are all legitimate questions, and ones that are a bit hard to answer on instinct. Well, fortunately for you, our team bases its analysis on cold, hard facts, and not hunches.
With the popularity of free bets in recent years, we couldn’t help but dig a little deeper. Throughout our analysis, we found that choosing the right deal isn’t so hard. It all comes down to a few basic factors and avoiding some of the most common mistakes. Bear with us, and you’ll be able to find the best free bets and actually turn them into winnings. Ready?
So let’s start with, What is a free bet?
A free bet is any gift from a bookmaker that lets you submit a slip without the wager coming out of your own pocket. On the other hand, a regular bet requires you to connect a payment method, make a deposit, and then submit your bet. Bookies offer free bets to new players as a means of showcasing their portfolios.
They’ve only become popular in the late 2000s, when online bookmakers were really seeing a rise in visitor numbers. Since it was easy to obtain a license and hire some good odds-makers, individual brands needed something to differentiate themselves from the competition. The concept of free bets was a perfect fit. Why?
- Free bets let you bet on some odds that you otherwise wouldn’t see.
- Free bets help you profit off of your sports knowledge.
- Free bets give you an insight into what the bookie is all about.
- Free bets can prevent you from wasting money if you end up not liking a betting site.
- Free bets are great for learning how to bet.
These five reasons make free bet deals a must-have choice for any punter. If you’re a beginner, you can use all the help you need. What’s that? You’re a seasoned pro? Well, that’s an even better excuse not to miss out on such a welcome bundle. You don’t want to waste your precious time if you don’t like the bookie, right? Of course not.
So if you’ve ever asked yourself, do I really need a free bet? The answer is, yes. Why wouldn’t you want to place bets without risking your own balance? Read the rules/T&Cs and don’t expect to become rich off of the deal. It’s a win-win situation. Even if you lose, you’re having fun.
…but is it all too good to be true?
Are free bets really free? How to avoid being scammed
Even though the same suggests free bets are risk-free, bookmakers usually require some sort of insurance/investment before you make use of the deal. Think about it, would there be so many betting sites if they just gave £50 to everyone and called it a day? Of course not.
These companies earn billions on a yearly basis. Their main objective is to profit off of you. Don’t let them. To do that, you need to understand how bookies secretly make a living off of free bets. There are 3 main ways:
- Deposit: asking for a deposit is the most common form of free bet condition. It goes something like this, deposit £10 and get an additional £10 in free bet tokens. While you’re technically getting a free bet, you’re forced to part with your money.
- Wagering requirements: if there isn’t a deposit requirement, you’ll most likely have limitations on withdrawals. Let’s say you get a £10 no deposit bonus in the form of free bet points. The money seems free, but the terms and conditions may require you to wager the free bet amount 5 times before a withdrawal can be made. The bookie coaxes you into playing more and wagering more.
- Free bets odds limitations: low odds are low for a reason, but any bookie would be financially ruined if players just cheesed it all the time. To make the stakes a bit higher, sites have rules about minimum odds. In most cases, this will be around 1/2 (1.50) – 1/1 (2.00). Now, this doesn’t seem unreasonable, but it makes things much more uncertain.
When looking at these sneaky things usually seen in fine print, you have to be wondering, what can I do to protect myself? It’s easy, just stick to these guidelines:
- If the bet loses, be comfortable with it. It’s not your money and there’s no need to regret it or try to top up.
- Don’t accept the free bet if the wagering requirements are too high. Even if you win, it would be pointless to be happy for some money you can’t even withdraw.
- Look at the bookmaker’s review on our site. We constantly scour the web for the best free bet bonuses and grade the sites that offer them. If a promo seems enticing, but the site isn’t reputable, don’t think about it.
- Don’t make a deposit if the minimum is too high. Why would you part ways with more than £5 – £10 if you can’t even withdraw the amount right away if you want? Some bookies purposely set higher minimum withdrawals to make you play and deposit even more. If the number is higher than £10, avoid the deal.
Another reasonable question is, can I profit if my free bet wins? Well, yes and no. It’s not impossible to make money, but there are certain conditions in place. You’ll be required to wager that money a couple of times or do something else that involves betting. Weigh your options.
How to claim a free bet?
Congratulations, now you know what to be wary of when hunting for free bets at online bookmakers. So, let’s say you’ve found the right welcome bundle and you want to use it. How do you activate your free bet?
In 2022, there is no standardized process due to many betting sites having their own patented ways of welcoming new players. However, our research has shown that most of the activation guidelines follow this pattern:
- Go to the bookmaker’s homepage or promo page via our link (by clicking on the banner or the button that says visit or claim).
- Look for any banners or pop-ups. Most sites like to offer their free bets right away, so you won’t miss them in most cases. If there aren’t any notifications, go to the Promotions/Bonuses/Welcome section.
- Click on the deal. This should lead you to a separate page, containing all the details, examples, and possibly the T&Cs.
- Read the Terms & Conditions. Never forget this. Bookmakers have the legal right to enforce anything in the T&Cs, as it is required of all players to read the entire thing. Claiming and using the free bet is considered accepting the T&Cs. If you realize you’ve made a mistake, there’s no turning back. Be meticulous to avoid this!
- Fulfill any deposit/registration/identity verification conditions. Be mindful of the other rules and steps that need to be taken care of. If you have to send any document scans or fund your account, do it in order to be able to use the free bet without issues.
- Accept. Are you sure about everything? Are you aware of the conditions and wagering requirements? If not, reread the T&Cs. Once everything is clear, click/tap accept!
- Check your bonus/free bet balance on the account page. Deposits are processed either instantly or in a minute or two. Don’t worry if you don’t see your free bet right away. It’ll be there after a refresh or two.
- Play and have fun! That’s the whole point, right? Don’t take the bonus too seriously. It’s a gift, after all.
But are there no deposit free bet bonuses? Yes, even though they are rare. We will update this page whenever we find one that fits our high standards.
Best free bet offers
It’s important to be up to speed with the latest free bet bonuses in the industry. The competitive atmosphere usually means that bookies have to one-up each other on a regular basis. If site A suddenly starts giving £20 to players, instead of £15, do you really think site B is going to sit around and do nothing? Definitely not.
Using our own algorithms and in-house tools for testing online betting sites, we’ve analyzed the best free bet offers available this year. Every major bookmaker and their best offer entered a battle royale, with only the top bonuses emerging. Start your betting journey the right way, or continue where you left off in style, the choice is yours. Have a crack at these free bets and punt away.
Best new free bets
You thought we were just going to leave you with deals from a couple of months ago? While some free bets remain great for weeks, we love to be aware of the latest free bet offers. That’s why we also made a custom feed, showing the top free bet bonuses in chronological order. Be the first to snatch the next best thing.
Types of free bets
By now, you’ve probably noticed that there’s no universal approach to free bets at online betting sites. And why would there be? We love the diversity on the market currently, as it forces brands to evolve and think of news ways to reward bettors. However, there has been a number of formats that have proven to be more efficient than others. They are:
- Risk-free bet (money-back/cash-refund). Instead of just giving away free bet tokens, some sites give this deal as a form of insurance. You have to make a deposit like usual, with the caveat that the stake of your first bet is returned if it loses. The bookie usually sets a limit, otherwise everyone would be betting £1,000 on some low odds.
- Odds boosts. To show punters how nice it feels to win, bookies boost the odds of select matches for new accounts. After registering, you can get an increased payout if the slip ends up winning, so enhanced odds are always a good deal.
- Free bet club. While some consider it to be its own separate category, the famous free bet club sometimes comes in the form of a bonus free bets. Instead of doubling your actual balance or something similar, the bookie gives you free bet points. You can only use them under certain conditions.
- No-deposit free bet. Albeit rare these days, no deposit bonus offers can come as free bets. They are not very lucrative and have strict limitations. Even if you do end up winning, the payout would be too measly to actually hurt the operator.
- Deposit bonus. These are percentage-related welcome bonuses, there are various but the most common are 50%, 100% and 200%. For example, let’s say the bonus is 200% up to £50, which means that to get the maximum bonus of £50 you need to deposit £25 and then you have a total of £75 for betting.
So again you ask yourself, should I choose the free bet that gives me the most money? No. The wagering requirements can make the more lucrative bonus much worse than it actually is.
Are there free bets for special events?
Of course! Bookmakers make a living off of big competitions and events. The truth is, the majority of their traffic is during these periods, so they do their best to make some of the players stay around. Let’s say it’s the World Cup Final. With billions of people watching, there’s bound to be a chunk of them willing to place bets, right?
And it’s precisely at this moment that you find all sorts of odds boosters, live streaming options, and more. Just make sure sure you plan your favorite events and competitions in advance. Having a calendar is very useful, as you can also pick up multiple free bets at different sites. It doesn’t take a lot to organize yourself, but when you do, the sky is the limit.
Free Bet FAQs
A free bet is actually amount of money that you get when you open an account with a bookmaker that offer a welcome bonus after registration, you can only spend your free bets on sports betting.
To get a free bet you must open an account with the desired bookmaker and make a first deposit, some bookmakers also offer a no deposit bonus.
The minimum deposit is the amount of money you must deposit into your betting account to receive a free bet as a welcome bonus, the minimum deposit varies from bookmaker to bookmaker, it is usually around £10 or £20.
A free bet promo code is a code that must be entered when registering at some online bookmakers in order to receive the welcome bonus.
There are several types of free bets, the most popular type is a matched betting (also known as a back up bet or a matched bet), there is a money back (also known as a risk free bet or a cash refund), there are a free bets in percentages (the most common are 50%, 100% and 200%), and there is also a welcome bonus package (various combinations that mainly include free sports bets, casino bonuses and free spins).
Odds boosts increase the payout rate on certain markets. They are put in place by betting sites for special occasions. For instance, the football World Cup may see unreasonably high odds for certain matches in order to attract new players.
Responsible gambling means being aware of your financial capabilities without exposing yourself or others to the dangers of reckless gambling (betting). If you need to read some guidelines to help you stay safe while gambling or you already have gambling problems, visit BeGambleAware and get informed. 18+.